West Park Place is a rabbit warren of a building providing 40 studios over a number of floors. The studios range in size and shape including individual studios and open plan studios. It currently provides studio space for around 70 artists.
The garage space on the ground floor is used for regular life drawing sessions.
Apply for an artist studio
Our artist studios are intended to support visual and applied artists and makers. We operate a registered waiting list and ask anyone looking to rent a studio with Wasps to apply to our waiting list. For all information on how to apply to the register, as well as details on our lettings process and studio eligibility please visit this section of our website. On occasion, we have studios and offices advertised outwith our registered waiting list. You can find these here: Available Studios & Offices.
Being a Wasps Tenant
With over 40 years worth of expertise, we are the UK’s largest provider of affordable studio space for artists and creative industries.
Tenants of the Wasps community receive the following benefits:
• Affordable studio prices with no hidden costs - utilities and Wifi are all inclusive in artist studios (rates apply for creative offices)
• Building security - all our buildings are either owned or on long term rentals
• 24/7 secure access all year round
• Part of our community of almost 1,000 artists and creatives in our 20 buildings across Scotland
• Exhibiting and selling opportunities through our Arts & Enterprise programme including:
⁃ Exhibitions - over 50% of artists exhibited in our gallery programmes are tenants
⁃ Makers Markets
⁃ South Block shop
⁃ Open Studios
⁃ Art Fairs
• Ability to join our Own Art scheme
• Support and expertise from Wasps’ staff team
• Promotion on our website with an artist profile
Parking at the studios is limited. West Park Place runs directly off Dalry Road, a five minute walk from Haymarket station with many surrounding bus links.
From Haymarket station, you would turn right and walk up Dalry Road. Stay to the right hand side of the road and you will see West Park Place, about 5 minutes up on your right. It is a very small street and the building is surrounded by student accommodation.