The Steeple is an award-winning arts facility in Newburgh, a picturesque town in north east Fife, Scotland. We renovated the former town hall, town house and corn exchange in 2008 to provide six studios spaces, a project space and a flat and studio for visiting artists.
The renovation of The Steeple blends the historic fabric of the building with contemporary design, creating an inspiring place for artists to work. Newburgh is home to a vibrant arts community who provide a warm welcome for visiting artists. Four visiting artists have loved it so much they have moved to the town permanently! It is home to a very strong cultural community with lots of artists and makers living and working in the town. The Steeple is right at the heart of this community, hosting classes, events and exhibitions to engage local people in the arts while acting as a focal point for artists from Newburgh and the surrounding areas to get together.
Apply for an artist studio
Our artist studios are intended to support visual and applied artists and makers. We operate a registered waiting list and ask anyone looking to rent a studio with Wasps to apply to our waiting list. For all information on how to apply to the register, as well as details on our lettings process and studio eligibility please visit this section of our website. On occasion, we have studios and offices advertised outwith our registered waiting list. You can find these here: Available Studios & Offices.
Being a Wasps Tenant
With over 40 years worth of expertise, we are the UK’s largest provider of affordable studio space for artists and creative industries.
Tenants of the Wasps community receive the following benefits:
• Affordable studio prices with no hidden costs - utilities and Wifi are all inclusive in artist studios (rates apply for creative offices)
• Building security - all our buildings are either owned or on long term rentals
• 24/7 secure access all year round
• Part of our community of almost 1,000 artists and creatives in our 20 buildings across Scotland
• Exhibiting and selling opportunities through our Arts & Enterprise programme including:
⁃ Exhibitions - over 50% of artists exhibited in our gallery programmes are tenants
⁃ Makers Markets
⁃ South Block shop
⁃ Open Studios
⁃ Art Fairs
• Ability to join our Own Art scheme
• Support and expertise from Wasps’ staff team
• Promotion on our website with an artist profile
Nearest train stations are: Ladybank (7 miles) and Cupar (9 Miles - more trains stop there) for trains to Edinburgh. Perth (9 miles) for trains to Glasgow. Dundee (18 miles) for trains to Aberdeen and the North. Buses run from Perth and Cupar and there is also a service between Newburgh and Glenrothes .