South Block is a stunning new 50,000 sq.ft. studio complex in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City/Trongate area. Designed by award-winning architects, NORD, South Block provides 96 studios for Glasgow’s creative community including:
- 64 studios for visual artists and makers
- 25 offices for creative companies
- 7 offices for social enterprises working in the cultural sector
- Shared office space for freelancers
- Meeting rooms and project spaces available for external hire
- All That is Coffee
- Beautiful reception/exhibitions and events space
The South Block project cost £3.5 million and we are tremendously grateful to the following funders for their support: Creative Scotland; Scottish Investment Fund; Scottish Enterprise; European Regional Development Fund; Glasgow City Council; Glasgow City Heritage Trust; and Merchant City Townscape Heritage Initiative. The building has recently been awarded The Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland prestigious Andrew Doolan Best Building in Scotland Award for 2013.
All that is Coffee manage the coffee shop space in reception, providing tea, coffee, sandwiches and cakes.
Apply for spaces here