Perth Creative Exchange is a £4.5m partnership project between Wasps and Perth and Kinross Council which transformed the former St John’s School building to create Perth’s first ‘creative hub’ - an inspiring home for artists, makers, creative industry professionals and the general public. Perth Creative Exchange is our 20th building in Scotland, and our first studio building in this area.
Perth Creative Exchange was opened to tenants in October 2019 and officially opened by the Provost of Perth and Kinross, Dennis Melloy on 26th February 2020.
Perth Creative Exchange provides vibrant and connected spaces over three floors including:
• 26 studio spaces for designers, artists and makers, ranging in size from 150 - 580 sq. ft.
• 13 workspaces for creative industries and cultural social enterprises, ranging in size from 100 - 1,400 sq. ft
• The Famous Grouse Ideas Centre www.thefamousgrouseideascentre.co.uk
• Creative business incubation space
• Exhibition and workshop space
• Public café - coming soon
• Staffed reception during office hours
• Meeting rooms available to hire
• Hot-desking ‘drop-in’ zone with flexible rates
Apply for an artist studio
Our artist studios are intended to support visual and applied artists and makers. We operate a registered waiting list and ask anyone looking to rent a studio with Wasps to apply to our waiting list. For all information on how to apply to the register, as well as details on our lettings process and studio eligibility please visit this section of our website. On occasion, we have studios and offices advertised outwith our registered waiting list - we currently have Creative Industry spaces available at Perth Creative Exchange: Available Studios & Offices.
Creative Industry Workspaces
Become part of our community - base your creative business at Perth Creative Exchange in the heart of the city. For more information on the benefits of creative workspace with us, and to view available office space, download our workspace information pack here.
Alternatively, you can fill out our online enquiry form for office space here.
Hot-Desking Services Available
Perth Creative Exchange's 'Work-Space' offers flexible and contemporary hot-desking space at competitive rates. For more information please contact email@example.com or click the button below for more information and to book.
Being a Wasps Tenant
With over 40 years worth of expertise, we are the UK’s largest provider of affordable studio space for artists and creative industries.
Tenants of the Wasps community receive the following benefits:
• Affordable studio prices with no hidden costs - utilities and Wifi are all inclusive in artist studios (rates apply for creative offices)
• Building security - all our buildings are either owned or on long term rentals
• 24/7 secure access all year round
• Part of our community of almost 1,000 artists and creatives in our 20 buildings across Scotland
• Exhibiting and selling opportunities through our Arts & Enterprise programme including:
⁃ Exhibitions - over 50% of artists exhibited in our gallery programmes are tenants
⁃ Makers Markets
⁃ South Block shop
⁃ Open Studios
⁃ Art Fairs
• Ability to join our Own Art scheme
• Support and expertise from Wasps’ staff team
• Promotion on our website with an artist profile
Wasps have gratefully received funding for Perth Creative Exchange from:
Perth Creative Exchange is located on Stormont Street off from Perth's cultural quarter. The building is a 10 minute drive to the A9 motorway and a 15 minute walk to Perth railway station. There is limited parking on site for building users. Please get in touch with Property Manager Moira Gavin for use: firstname.lastname@example.org