Our development in Nairn offers eight studios, one creative industries space and a social area that meets the needs of creative people working locally. It is a place where people from different creative paths can work under one roof to share ideas, skills and collaborate.
Apply for an artist studio
Our artist studios are intended to support visual and applied artists and makers. We operate a registered waiting list and ask anyone looking to rent a studio with Wasps to apply to our waiting list. For all information on how to apply to the register, as well as details on our lettings process and studio eligibility please visit this section of our website. On occasion, we have studios and offices advertised outwith our registered waiting list. You can find these here: Available Studios & Offices.
Being a Wasps Tenant
With over 40 years worth of expertise, we are the UK’s largest provider of affordable studio space for artists and creative industries.
Tenants of the Wasps community receive the following benefits:
• Affordable studio prices with no hidden costs - utilities and Wifi are all inclusive in artist studios (rates apply for creative offices)
• Building security - all our buildings are either owned or on long term rentals
• 24/7 secure access all year round
• Part of our community of almost 1,000 artists and creatives in our 20 buildings across Scotland
• Exhibiting and selling opportunities through our Arts & Enterprise programme including:
⁃ Exhibitions - over 50% of artists exhibited in our gallery programmes are tenants
⁃ Makers Markets
⁃ South Block shop
⁃ Open Studios
⁃ Art Fairs
• Ability to join our Own Art scheme
• Support and expertise from Wasps’ staff team
• Promotion on our website with an artist profile
By Road: Nairn is on the A96 trunk road, 87 miles from Aberdeen and 16 miles from Inverness. Several coach operators run daily services throughout the Highlands. Buses run to Nairn from Inverness and Aberdeen. Several bus companies operate services to Inverness and Aberdeen from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee and Perth.
By Train: Trains run from Inverness and Aberdeen to Nairn. There are links from all major cities to Inverness and Aberdeen.
From High Street, take one of the left turns onto King Street and walk down to the roundabout. Cross the road into Fishertown and keep walking until you can turn left onto Grant Street. There are a limited number of parking spaces available.