A former tobacco factory, Wasps' largest building was redeveloped in 2001 to become Scotland's first purpose-built studio and events complex for up to 200 artists each year. The complex has excellent facilities including:
- 77 studios ranging from 175 sq ft to 1000 sq ft
- A 4000 sq ft Project Space
- Residential Accommodation (two three bedroom flats available for both short & long-term hire)
- Full accessibility throughout the building
- Free Car Parking On Site Cafe
- Artists’ kitchen and showers
- Open Plan workspace for ceramicists and glass artists with a dedicated kiln room
The monthly rent for one bedroom at Hanson Street is £350 plus a deposit of £100 which is refunded after your stay pending a property inspection. The rent includes all utilities. Shorter stays are also available.
We are eternally grateful to all the funders who made this £2.2 million project possible including the Scottish Arts Council Capital Lottery Fund, Glasgow City Council, Scottish Enterprise Glasgow, The Gannochy Trust, The Hugh Fraser Foundation, The Craignish Trust and the Trades House of Glasgow Commonweal Fund with corporate support from Park Systems Furniture and Soluis Technologies.
38, 42, 138 bus from outside Queen Street Station to Alexandra Parade. Get off at the stop after Glasgow Royal Infirmary and Hanson Street is the next street on the right.
Alternatively, the studios are a 20-25 minute walk from the city centre. From George Square walk up to Cathedral Street and continue until you reach the Cathedral and Glasgow Royal Infirmary (GRI). Follow the road to the left around GRI onto Alexandra Parade. Hanson Street Studios is the first building on your right after the GRI.