The East Campbell Street Studios were the first building that Wasps purchased back in 1995 with support from the Foundation for Sports and the Arts and the Glasgow Development Agency (now Scottish Enterprise). Our East Campbell Street Studios also sometimes go by Dovehill Studios or Gallowgate Studios.
The building provides 38 studios over 3 floors. The first and second floors house individual studios while the 3rd floor is mainly an open-plan shared space.
Apply for an artist studio
Our artist studios are intended to support visual and applied artists and makers. We operate a registered waiting list and ask anyone looking to rent a studio with Wasps to apply to our waiting list. For all information on how to apply to the register, as well as details on our lettings process and studio eligibility please visit this section of our website. On occasion, we have studios and offices advertised outwith our registered waiting list. You can find these here: Available Studios & Offices.
Being a Wasps Tenant
With over 40 years worth of expertise, we are the UK’s largest provider of affordable studio space for artists and creative industries.
Tenants of the Wasps community receive the following benefits:
• Affordable studio prices with no hidden costs - utilities and Wifi are all inclusive in artist studios (rates apply for creative offices)
• Building security - all our buildings are either owned or on long term rentals
• 24/7 secure access all year round
• Part of our community of almost 1,000 artists and creatives in our 20 buildings across Scotland
• Exhibiting and selling opportunities through our Arts & Enterprise programme including:
⁃ Exhibitions - over 50% of artists exhibited in our gallery programmes are tenants
⁃ Makers Markets
⁃ South Block shop
⁃ Open Studios
⁃ Art Fairs
• Ability to join our Own Art scheme
• Support and expertise from Wasps’ staff team
• Promotion on our our website with an artist profile
The East Campbell Street Studios are in the famous Barras/Gallowgate area of Glasgow, ten minutes from the city centre. East Campbell Street is off Gallowgate, opposite 226 (between the Barrowlands and the arch to the Barras). There is very limited parking for use by tenants only.