Eagle House Studios provides 10 studios at first floor level.
We are eternally grateful to Ken Irons who sold Wasps this building at a reduced rate in 2008. Ken and his late wife Jean had set up a charity, NEAPS, to develop and run these studios. When winding up the charity, Ken also transferred the outstanding balance to Wasps to invest in upgrading Eagle House Studios.
Apply for an artist studio
Our artist studios are intended to support visual and applied artists and makers. We operate a registered waiting list and ask anyone looking to rent a studio with Wasps to apply to our waiting list. For all information on how to apply to the register, as well as details on our lettings process and studio eligibility please visit this section of our website. On occasion, we have studios and offices advertised outwith our registered waiting list. You can find these here: Available Studios & Offices.
Being a Wasps Tenant
With over 40 years worth of expertise, we are the UK’s largest provider of affordable studio space for artists and creative industries.
Tenants of the Wasps community receive the following benefits:
• Affordable studio prices with no hidden costs - utilities and Wifi are all inclusive in artist studios (rates apply for creative offices)
• Building security - all our buildings are either owned or on long term rentals
• 24/7 secure access all year round
• Part of our community of almost 1,000 artists and creatives in our 20 buildings across Scotland
• Exhibiting and selling opportunities through our Arts & Enterprise programme including:
⁃ Exhibitions - over 50% of artists exhibited in our gallery programmes are tenants
⁃ Makers Markets
⁃ South Block shop
⁃ Open Studios
⁃ Art Fairs
• Ability to join our Own Art scheme
• Support and expertise from Wasps’ staff team
• Promotion on our website with an artist profile
From Guild Street bus and train station turn right, crossing Market Street onto Virginia Street. Shore Lane is second lane on the right. Eagle House is half way down on left hand side.
If driving, turn off Union Street (A9013) down Market Street turning left before harbour onto Virginia Street (A956) where there is a car park on left. Shore Lane is about a two minute walk away.