Following the success of our Wasps Winter Markets in the Briggait, Glasgow, we are very excited to announce that this year we will be extending our markets to the Highlands at Wasps Inverness Creative Academy.
The market will take place at Inverness Creative Academy, Stephen's Street, Inverness, IV2 3JP on Saturday 30th November 2019, open to the public between 10am-5pm in the beautifully refurbished gym hall. The market will coincide with an open studios event taking place in the building. Stalls are open to both tenant and non tenants, however all Wasps tenants will receive a discount on the stall price.
Applications are welcome from artists/makers working in any discipline - we have 26 stalls available, and each participant is provided with a 6ft table, chair and Wi-Fi access. We also have 3 wall spaces (with no table) available only to our Inverness tenants taking part in the open studios event.
Each stall costs £50 (£20 for Wasps tenants across our network).
Each wall space is £20 for Wasps tenants taking part in the open studios event. Each wall space is on a freestanding exhibition panel with a 197x197cm wall area.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 30th October, 5pm
• This opportunity is available to both tenants and non-tenants
• The market will take place at Inverness Creative Academy, Stephen's Street, Inverness, IV2 3JP - on Saturday 30th November 2019, open to the public between 10am-5pm.
• Entry is free to the public.
• Stall holders will have access to set up between 9am-10am and deinstall 5pm-6pm on the day.
• We have space for 26 stalls, and 3 wall hanging spaces
• Stalls cost £50, or £20 for Wasps tenants
• Each stall will include one six foot trestle table and chair (you will need to provide your own table cloth)
• Free Wifi access is available
• There will be tea/coffees for sale at the event
• Please complete your application by 5pm on Wednesday 30th October 2019.
• We will aim to confirm places in the market within a week of the deadline above.
• Urgent questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• If accepted, we will contact you to arrange payment a minimum of 3 weeks in advance of the market.
• All Artists/Makers are responsible for the transportation of their own work
• All Artists/Makers are encouraged to help promote the event through their networks
• You are welcome to share your stall with another another person, please state this in your application form
• There will be the potential for an 'Own Art' stall which Wasps tenants will have the option to sell their work through as well as their own stall. Own Art is a scheme we have signed up to which allows the artist to get paid in full, and allows buyers to pay for their work in instalments - encouraging more people to invest in artwork. Wasps will take an introductory rate of 20% commission for this service and it is designed to facilitate sales above £250.
Applications via online form, click here to apply