The Briggait Summer & Winter makers markets
Following the success of the Wasps tenants Christmas market in 2017, and then again in December 2018, we are very happy to announce that we will be continuing this for 2019. However, this time round we will be offering 2 markets - a summer market and a winter market.
Both markets are open to both tenant and non tenants, however all Wasps tenants will receive a discount on the stall price.
Applications are welcome from artists/makers working in any discipline - we have 45 slots available, and each participant is provided with a 6ft table stall, chair and Wi-Fi access. We also have capacity for artists/makers to host workshops - there are 4 slots at each market, of 2 hours each.
Each stall costs £45 (£35 for Wasps tenants).
Each 2-hour workshop slot costs £30 (£20 for Wasps tenants).
Markets in the Briggait bring in between 500 - 3000 attendees per day and we anticipate a healthy attendance. Wasps will market the event as well as invite food & coffee providers in for the day.
- This opportunity is available to both tenants and non-tenants
- The summer market will take place in The Briggait on Saturday 31st August 11am – 5pm
- The winter market will take place in The Briggait on Saturday 7th December 11am – 5pm
- We have space for 45 stalls, as well as capacity to host up to 4 workshops (2 hours each)
- Stalls cost £45, or £35 for Wasps tenants
- A 2-hour workshop slot costs £30, or £20 for Wasps tenants
- Each stall will include one six foot trestle table and chair
- For workshops, we will provide tables/chairs for up to 8 participants and access to power.
- The spaces do not have direct access to sink/water, but this is available elsewhere on site if required.
- Additional tables or display units (for example free-standing displays) may be brought in, though these must be detailed in the application form and approved
- We will have food and drink stalls present, with a focus on keeping everybody happy (and warm in the winter)!
- Please fill out the online application form by 19th July 2019
- Urgent questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed and responded to for both markets on 23rd July 2019
- If accepted, we will contact you to arrange payment a minimum of 6 weeks in advance of the markets
- All Artists/Makers are responsible for the transportation of their own work
- All Artists/Makers are encouraged to help promote the event through their networks
- You are welcome to share your stall with another another person, please state this in your application form
- There will be the potential for an 'Own Art' stall which Wasps tenants will have the option to sell their work through as well as their own stall. Own Art is a scheme we have signed up to which allows the artist to get paid in full, and allows buyers to pay for their work in instalments - encouraging more people to invest in artwork. Wasps takes a 25% commission for this service and it is design to facilitate sales above £250.
To apply, fill out this online application form by 19th July