As providers of studios and workspaces for artists, makers and creative industries and facilities for communities across Scotland, we are really excited to be able to extend this provision to the wider creative community of Inverness and beyond. The Inverness Creative Academy project will transform the beautiful B-Listed buildings of the former Inverness Royal Academy in the Crown area of the city into a creative hub.
Work has commenced to transform the Midmills building and we would now like to invite formal applications from all artists, designers and makers who are interested in renting space in this exciting new studio project in Inverness. The first phase of development will provide affordable studio spaces for around 40 artists and makers. Studios will be available to let from December 2018.
We have a range of spaces available. More information on the types of spaces available and prices can be found within our application pack. Please read both the application guidelines and the eligibility criteria in full before completing the application form. Use the application form to provide as much information as you can about your studio needs.
Completed application forms are to be sent to Lois Green at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- 6-8 images of your most recent work
- An up to date CV
- A statement about your work.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 17th August
Please note that applications for creative industries and cultural social enterprises will take place once Phase 2 commences. We are only currently taking applications for those eligible for Phase 1.
- All prospective creative practitioners must formally apply using the application form attached. We are now taking applications for this project.
- Applications will be processed and applicants will be notified on whether their application has been shortlisted and will be invited to studio viewings in October.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for studio viewings between Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th October. Times will be confirmed to successful applicants by email.
- Successful applicants should know their allocated studio by 1st November and studios will be able to let from December 2018
More information on the Inverness Creative Academy can be found in the brochure attached and on our dedicated Inverness Creative Academy website.