Wasps Workshop Guidance – June 2021
The Scottish Government permits the hosting of workshops at all Wasps buildings in Tier 3 or below. Please note the tier level your building is currently in by visiting this Scottish Government website and entering your postcode.
The guidance for workshops should follow The Community Learning and Development guidance, updated to include the following information in relation to community based learning activity for adults over the age of 18.
The Implications for Each Tier Level
Workshops are permitted at Wasps buildings, but only if they cannot be delivered remotely or outdoors. The relevant COVID-19 Safety measures should be taken. A maximum of 5 participants including facilitators is permitted.
Tiers 1 & 2
Workshops are permitted with a maximum number of 15 people (including facilitators) in any space. The relevant COVID-19 Safety measures should be taken.
Wasps’ Workshop Guidance has been compiled to assist in the preparing for recommencement of workshops. It is important to consider that anyone wishing to start workshops must complete the risk assessment forms downloadable on the right hand side of this page, for Fire Safety and COVID-19 Safety. These must be completed in full and approved by the Wasps Property Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) before workshops can commence.
Also downloadable from this page are sample completed risk assessment forms, which you can work from for guidance or use as a template and edit to suit your individual circumstances. Please contact the Property Team via the email address above if you have any queries.
The Scottish Government’s change in restrictions also permits Wasps to allow visitors to studio buildings in Tier 3 or below, whose visit is for the purpose of your practice. Examples of these kinds of visitors would be clients, collaborators and buyers. Visits for social reasons are not permitted at this time. Visitors are not permitted for buildings located in Tier 4 regions.
If you intend to hold workshops or/and invite guests to your studio please read and follow all guidelines below. All visitors must follow the Tenant Guidance in place.
Workshops and Visitors
- Tenants who wish to run workshops should read and follow the Scottish Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidance for the Community Learning and Development Sector, which can be found here.
- Normal health, safety and fire guidance applies to holding workshops and inviting visitors into the buildings. Visitors who enter the building for reasons other than workshops should be managed in line with the COVID-19 guidance in place for your studio building, which can be found here.
- Please inform a member of Wasps staff immediately if you or anyone else in your studio building exhibits symptoms associated with contracting COVID-19 so that we can promptly manage the situation.
- Risk assessments must be completed in full and approved by the Wasps Property Team before workshops can commence. Please submit these if you haven’t already: email@example.com
- Risk Assessments are required for anyone inviting more than one visitor to their studio
- You can download draft risk assessment forms from the Downloads sidebar on the right.
Moving through the buildings
- Tenants are fully responsible for any visitors they invite into the building
- All visitors and studio users must use the Eve Pass Track and Trace system
- All visitors and studio users must follow current Tenant Guidance
- Tenants must escort visitors to studios/workshop spaces in a safe and responsible way in line with the guidance in place.
To stay safe, to protect others and to save lives organisers, tenants and visitors should all remember and follow the FACTS:
- Face coverings in enclosed communal spaces
- Avoid crowded places
- Clean your hands and surfaces regularly
- Two-metre social distancing
- Self-isolate and book a test if you develop coronavirus symptoms